Calling Registration for Professional Music Career Program
Ocean Butterflies Music is offering local training programs for those aspiring to build a career in the industry. This is the fourth time we have been running this series of courses and have updated the curriculum to give students the best possible education.
This year’s Professional Music Career Programs will focus on providing training that meets the demands of the modern industry in order to aid the young and aspiring artists to build their knowledge and kick-start a career. Besides continuing to introduce strong fundamental professional trainings such as song writing, audio engineering, sound recording, music production and arrangement, trainees will also be equipped with general knowledge on the entertainment industry which is essential in their development. The program has been designed in a holistic structure to help trainees develop well rounded skills and equip them for success moving forward.
Derrick Tham – a renowned instructor and one of the instructors for our Music Career Program shares with us on his experience in Songwriting.
2017 Fundamentals Song Composition and Music Arrangement Course
The Fundamentals Song Composition and Music Arrangement Course provides the trainees with fundamental techniques to be a songwriter, music arranger or producer.
1. Principles of Melody & Lyrics
2. Principles of Music Arrangement
3. Digital Audio in Audio Engineering
4. Introduction to Digital Audio Workstation
5. Keyboard Enhancement
6. Songwriting Analysis
7. Music Theory
8. Musical History & Style
9. Vocal Techniques
11. Career Development
12. Introduction to Entertainment Business
Course Requirements for Fundamentals of Song Composition & Music Arrangement Course:
• Students are highly recommended to have beginner to intermediate level of knowledge in keyboard/ piano/ guitar.
• Students without the recommended musical background are required to take up a foundation keyboard / piano course in order to enroll. You may also consider taking up our Intensive Piano Foundation course of 16 lessons (over 8 weeks).
• Students must be 14 years of age or older.
• All applicants will be interviewed before being accepted into the program.
• You may still apply without any musical background but will be more likely accepted with adequate musical training.
Course Commencement: July 2017 – November 2017
Advanced Song & Music Composition and Production Course
The Advanced Song & Music Composition and Production Course provides the trainees with the skills and experience to compose and produce an original song.
1. Advanced Songwriting & Advanced Music Arranging
2. Music Mixing
3. Music Editing
5. Overdubbing Tracks and Recording Tracks
6. A&R, Promotion, Copyright and Distribution
Course Requirements for Advanced Song & Music Composition and Production Course:
• Students who previously attended the Ocean Butterflies Music Career Program
• Applicants who has experiences in the music field / industry and have not attended the Ocean Butterflies Music Career Program will be interviewed (case to case basis)
• Students must be 14 years of age or older
Course Commencement: July 2017 – January 2018